Weekly wrap of STI:
This was the good week for the Singapore Stock Exchange as the market took a good momentum for the complete week. As on 10th Feb 2014 market opened at 3021.89 and made a low of 3003.48 where else today STI gave a high of 3051.48 and closed at 3039.12 if compare the week low & high the STI almost covered the movement of positive 48 points.
OPEN3021.89HIGH3051.48LOW3003.92CLOSE3013.14CHANGE (In Points)+27.37% CHANGE+0.91%
- Singapore’s retail sales fell 5.5 % from a year ago in December 2013, hit by lower motor vehicles sales. Car retailers reported a whopping 32 % drop in sales in December, compared to a year ago. Excluding motor vehicles, retail sales went up 0.3 %Retail sales of watches & jewellery, telecommunications apparatus & computers, furniture & household equipment and recreational goods also fell between 1.1 per cent and 6.3 % from year-ago levels.
- DBS & SingTel were the stocks that gave the highest turnover for the week. Transport/Communication contributed 45.22% while 24.32 service for the up side movement of the STI.
- As the whole week was full of some or other stock’s results and dividends Stocks like MTQ Corporations, Capital Mall Trust, Pacific Andes, Saizen Real Estate Investment Trust, SingTel &CapitalmallsAsia , OCBC all came up with good news.
- Singapore NODX on 17th Feb.
- Singapore CPI data will be on 20th Feb.
|Support 1||Support 2||Support 3||Resistance 1||Resistance 2||Resistance 3|
Technical indicators MACD given its bullish crossover in Daily chart, RSI and CCI are trading in recovery mode. RSI is in oversold zone so we can expect recovery in it.
Corporate Action & Result Calendar as on 17th Feb 2014
|Company Name||Type||Expiry Date||Record Date||Date Paid/Payable||Particulars|
|PerennialCRT||Ex-Dividend||19 Feb 2014||11 Mar 2014|
|HPH Trust US$||Ex-Dividend||19 Feb 2014||28 Mar 2014|
|SingPost||Ex-Dividend||19 Feb 2014||28 Feb 2014|