Share prices opened lower with the Straits Times Index down 6.59 points to 3,410.98.Singapore shares pulled back as oil prices plummeted overnight and worries over debt-laden Greece escalated after the European Central Bank said it would stop accepting Greek bonds as collateral for funds.
STI Day Performance
% Change: -0.32%
Market forecast for STI: STI will move in the range of 3385 to 3443 if STI cross the level 3343 we may see bullish trend.
Straits Time Levels
Support 1: 3375
Support 2: 3360
Support 3: 3340
Resistance 1: 3443
Resistance 2: 3470
Resistance 3 : 3490
Technical Indicators: RSI is at 57 and CCI is at 55
Top Gainers : comfortdelgro.sg, capitamall trust.sg, capitaland.sg
Top Losers: sembcorp marine.sg, sembcorp ind.sg, genting sing.sg, hph trust usd.sg, noble.sg
Important Factor for today:-
- Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC has bought a 5 per cent stake in Nielsen NV, a leading provider of TV audience ratings data, for an undisclosed amount.
- The Singapore dollar will slide about 3 per cent versus the US dollar to the lowest since July 2010 after the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) unexpectedly eased monetary policy.
- FIRST Sponsor Limited’s net profit in the fourth quarter more than doubled to S$19.3 million, as revenue rose nine-fold, boosted by its sale of properties.
- Oil prices rebounded in Asia Thursday but gains were capped as the euro was hit by fresh concerns over Greece, further hurting demand in the face of an oversupply,
- GROUNDHANDLER SATS’ third quarter net profit jumped 25.2 per cent year on year to S$53.7 million, boosted in part by lower costs.
- MAYBANK Kim Eng has Ezion as its top pick in the offshore and marine sector, and is also advising investors to avoid the rigbuilders who are exposed to capital expenditure cuts, namely Sembcorp Marine and Keppel Corp, in the meantime.