Market Review for STI: Share prices opened higher with the Straits Times Index up 19.57 points to 3,435.48.Asian stocks rose after US shares climbed to a record amid speculation Greece will reach a resolution with its creditors.
STI Day Performance
% Change: +0.58%
Market forecast for STI: We may expect bullish trend in next trading session.
STRAITS TIME LEVELS
Support 1: 3385
Support 2: 3365
Support 3: 3345
Resistance 1: 3450
Resistance 2: 3480
Resistance 3: 3505
Technical Indicators: RSI is at 58and CCI is at 122.
Top Losers: GOLDEN AGRI-RES, COMFORTDELGRO, OLAM INTL, WILMAR INTL, GLOBAL LOGISTIC
Top Gainers: CAPITAMALL TRUST, GENTING SING, NOBLE, JARDINE C&C, ASCENDAS REIT
Important Factor for today:-
- Maybank Kim Eng has cut its 2015 GDP growth forecast for Singapore to 2.5% from 3%, saying the city-state is caught in a “tug of war between tailwinds and headwinds
- Malaysia’s consumer price index in January rose 1 per cent from a year earlier, its smallest increase since November 2009, reflecting the drop in global oil prices.
- Oil fell for the first time in four days before US government data forecast to show crude inventories increased further last week from a record level.
- Shares in Neptune Orient Lines (NOL) climbed to a high of S$1.065 in today’s early trading on the news that it plans to divest its logistics business and it has asked for a trading halt of its shares on the SGX on Tuesday afternoon.
- Sembcorp Industries’ fourth quarter net profit grew 7.5 per cent to S$240.62 million, as the group recorded higher contribution from its utilities business in China and the UK.
- Shares in Noble Group gained 4.5 cents or 4.29 per cent to trade at S$1.095 on today morning after the commodity trading firm defended itself against allegations that it used aggressive accounting to mislead investors.