Market Review for STI: Singapore shares overcame an overnight decline in the US markets to post a modest gain as the Straits Times Index edged up 0.02 per cent, or 0.75 point, to 3,414.01.Asian stocks climbed, while the U.S. dollar regained some momentum on signs U.S. inflation is perking up.
STI Day Performance
% Change: 0.17%
Market forecast for STI: We may expect bullish trend in next trading session.
Straits Time Levels
Support 1: 3375
Support 2: 3360
Support 3: 3325
Resistance 1: 3440
Resistance 2: 3456
Resistance 3: 3480
Technical Indicators: RSI is at 56 and CCI is at 64.
Top Losers: capitaland.sg, genting sing.sg, hongkongland usd.sg, ascendas reit.sg, thaibev.sg
Top Gainers: keppel corp.sg, global logistic.sg, hph trust usd.sg, singtel.sg, uob.sg, keppel corp.sg
Important Factors for today:-
- Shares of SIIC Environment Holdings rose 6.7 per cent on active trading after the water treatment company announced an acquisition of a China-based business in the same industry.
- Consumer confidence here rose in March, mainly driven by greater confidence about personal financial situations and also about the outlook for the Singapore economy following Budget 2015
- Crude futures dipped slightly as ballooning US storage volumes continued to pressure prices although relatively healthy demand figures from Europe supported prices.
- Comments from the US Federal Reserve’s vice chairman suggesting interest rates would rise more slowly than expected put further downward pressure on the dollar.
- THE local bond market continues to sizzle even as interest rates rise to multi-year highs. In the three weeks of March, over S$2.4 billion was raised from 16 issues against S$1.6 billion and 13 deals in the same period last year.
- ValueMax Group has decided to expand its business to include unsecured moneylending.