Market Review for STI: Share prices opened lower with the Straits Times Index down 7.65 points or 0.22 per cent to 3,439.36.Singapore shares mostly retreated as investors saw little reason to put money to work in a shortened trading week and ahead of the March-quarter earnings season.
STI Day Performance
% Change: 0%
Market forecast for STI: STI is at its major resistance at 3456 if it crosses it then it will be in bullish rally.
STRAITS TIME LEVELS
Support 1: 3435
Support 2: 3409
Support 3: 3374
Resistance 1: 3469
Resistance 2: 3458
Resistance 3: 3456
Technical Indicators: RSI is at 61 and CCI is at 111
Top Gainers: haibev.sg, sia.sg, sembcorp ind.sg, genting sing.sg, hongkongland usd.sg, thaibev.sg
Top Losers: golden agri-res.sg, wilmar intl.sg, comfortdelgro.sg, keppel corp.sg, jsh usd.sg
Important Factors for today
- One in four Asian companies, including those in Singapore, have identified Myanmar as a market they intend to get into this year
- Keppel Corp failed to hit the compulsory acquisition threshold needed to complete the buyout of Keppel Land by the end of the offer close.
- BLACKROCK clarified in a filing to the Singapore Exchange that its sale of 37,333,850 Keppel Land shares represents BlackRock’s acceptance of the offer.
- Oil sank as dealers tracked last-ditch efforts between global powers and Iran to reach a deal on Tehran’s nuclear programme and ease sanctions imposed on the key crude producer.
- OPEC oil supply has jumped in March to its highest since October as Iraq’s exports rebounded after bad weather and Saudi Arabia pumped at close to record rates, a Reuters survey found, sign key members are sticking to their effort to regain market share.
- Gold fell on Tuesday and was heading for a third straight quarterly fall, pressured by a strong dollar and expectations the US Federal Reserve will increase interest rates this year.